View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread! I was raised in Alaska so I mostly fished for Salmon. However, in the spring it was usually for grayling, rainbow trout, and Dolly Varden. Then came King Salmon season which is truly a blast and really can wear you out when you catch those big boys. My biggest King was 75lbs and it took about 1.5 hours to land him.

As a kid we spent countless hours in wading in the river fishing and the cold water never seem to bother us a bit. We mostly used our own cured salmon row as bait or dare devil lures. My father taught me how to make our own sinkers and lots of other little fishing tricks.

I now live in Minnesota. The land of 10,000 lakes and you would think I would fish more but I really dont. I think Ive fished maybe 5 times living here. I also think growing up salmon fishing can spoil you because there is nothing like the fight of a good size salmon on.

What I think I really would enjoy though is Deep sea fishing. That is definitely something I have on my "to do" list.
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote