View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #51
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Professors @ University of Rochester (NY)

Today at PT, I finally got to read excerpts from the TIME magazine article about women who were nominated as this year's group of women speaking out about sexual harassment in the workplace or being sexually assaulted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME
Professors Celeste Kidd and Jessica Cantlon, along with six other current and former members of the brain and cognitive sciences department (University of Rochester NY), filed complaints with the university and the EEOC alleging harassment and retaliation.

"If they could stop us from talking, the we're going to stop everyone from listening," says Cantlon. "The administration went into our emails to try to find pieces of material that they could use to embarrass us or try to make other faculty members angry with us. But eight of us linked arms and continued to pursue the complaint. I think working together was powerful. It was hard to silence us," -- Jessica Cantlon.

While Kidd & Cantlon's story was featured in the TIME magazine edition last week, their breaking news story was published in full by The New York Times in the September 15th 2017 publication. See link to full story below :

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/1....html?referer=

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: