Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I rose early this morning and walked about 5 miles or better. I walked the trails on a nearby butte, where you can see for miles and miles (on a clear day) and although there are no stairs, walking the butte requires a person to be able to tolerate changes in altitude because you begin at a ground level (per se) and must walk upwards - for what seems to be a long climb. Once you get to the top of the butte, there are many other trails a person can take, for example: I wandered down the backside of the butte, into the forested area. And once you've gone down into the forested area, you have to scale the trail to come back up. Which can really give your legs and calves quite the workout. It took me about 2.5 hours for my inner-urban workout on the butte and once I got home, my legs were still feeling the 'burn.'

eta: I saw a quail hen with her brood of 4 chicklings, an egret standing among the dense reeds of the tarn-like pond, and spied what I thought was a red-tailed hawk - floating on a draft of wind, above. I also noticed that the blackberry bushes were loaded with blossoms.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: