View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #67
riotfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme babygrrrl
Relationship Status:
committed to and utterly in love with my Daddi (wanderingpoet)

riotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputationriotfemme Has the BEST Reputation
I am a mouthy, lefty, flirty, geeky, punky, crafty Queer Femme. My feminism is central to who I am and how I define myself. I believe passionately in sisterhood, in respecting my Femme sisters and listening to their voices and their stories.

I'm tattooed, pierced and always outrageously brightly dressed. I love vintage, 50s clothes, puffy skirts and teensy cardigans, mary-jane shoes and brightly coloured tights, liquid eyeliner and red lips. Red defines me, red lips, red nails, red hair. I walk with a wiggle, even in Birkenstocks (which I often wear because my tootsies like them) but I seldom totter.

I'm vegan, I bake, wearing floral aprons, face generally smeared with cake batter, glasses dusted with flour. Baking is an escape, it gives me time to meditate and create. Needless to say, as a result of all this baking, I am delightfully chubby.

I'm a babygrrrl, a bottom, not quite submissive but somewhere on that spectrum. I love my Daddi and feel so safe when she holds me. It's a connection, a relationship that I can't quite explain, so much of it is absolutely innate. I am often little, I feel safe to be that way with her. Being little with her helps me to be as big and as strong as I need to be to walk through the streets as a Femme, feeling at once invisible to the people I want to see me and visible to those that I don't wiggle and strut for...I should add at this juncture that I wiggle and strut for myself first

I was and am still a riot grrrl. My feminism and sense of myself as a Femme didn't start there but both were informed by and evolved through that movement. To this day shouty, feminist punk fires me up and I firmly believe that no outfit is complete without a feminist badge.

I'm a Femme.
riotfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to riotfemme For This Useful Post: