katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I love this thread! That being said:

I am an Old School Femme who had Joan Nestle as my role model and mentor; I "knew" her long before I recognized that I was a lesbian.

I bleed and hurt when others bleed and hurt. I am always ever ready with "bandaids" but recognize when to back off too.

I feel that when everyone in this country is truly equal it will finally be a true democracy but until then it is a country where the "haves" hold power and control over the "have nots" and I will continue to do everything I can to level the playing fields.

I am strong, very opinionated, independent but yet I love to be held, protected and made to feel safe and loved by my lover.

I learned a long time ago when and how to pick my battles; when hackles rise sometimes it is ok to stay out of the fray. I also learned that to be a good person, mother, friend that I must take care of me first. I have learned to think more logical than emotional with knee jerk strong reactions. It is healthier this way.

While I enjoy being at home; doing projects around the house, using the occaisional power tool when needed, gardening, reading, hanging out with my furr babies I still get excited at the prospect of getting ready to go out and enjoy the process of making myself look stunning.

I also learned it is very possible to have fun without alcohol. I am a little shy and love to dance. Years ago, I had to get pumped up with a little vino or mixed coctail in order to be the first one out there on the dance floor. Not anymore though.

I do not like being told what to do, what to buy and how to live my life. I would perfer if someone used pull words rather than the push style all too prevelant. I can be pulled along well as long as there is logic and honesty behind those words. But when pushed my back gets up and the ole rebellious me surfaces.

I admit I am a clothes hoarder. I love golf shirts and Levis as much as I love something frilly and ultra feminine. I hoard shoes as well and once owned 75 pair of shoes mostly high heels in every color under the rainbow. And I love make up. I used to wear it every day, but when I "retired" I soon tired of it and now use it on special occaisions.

If I could help every child, animal, adult person in the world who is/has been abused and neglected I would.

As a Pisces, I am a dreamer; dream of a better life for so many people. But it is balanced with cold hard reality too.

And even after all these years; the site of a well groomed and "gentlemanly" butch can make this heart beat fast and loud!