Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default haunted by budgies..

My PC is haunted by budgies. No, honestly, that's what it sounds like!

Last night, I played Civilisation V a bit, and the backround noises for the game include birdsong. Although it doesn't sound quite like typical UK birdsong, and when I thought about it, I was put in mind of a small flock of budgies that hadn't learnt any words from humans. a little tuneful, and quite sweet. Anyway, so I exited the game, and exited from Steam. Or rather, I had selected those options...

So this morning, when I ambled out of my bedroom I was surprised to note that there appeared to be birdsong coming from my lounge. Had I left a window open? No. Then I realised it was coming from my PC. checking the open desktops, no sign of Civ V, but the Steam window was still there. So I used Task Manager to kill the Steam process, which should have ended matters.

But no. STILL the budgies are twittering away.. carefully checking Task Manager, I see there's a rogue process accessing the audio systems, and there we are. Kill - no. Kill! No! Damned process will not die. I'll have to shut my PC down and restart it.

And yet I find myself strangely reluctant to do so.

My PC is haunted by budgies, and I love it!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: