Old 05-23-2016, 02:17 PM   #10002
ferret

How Do You Identify?:
As myself.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones.
Relationship Status:
Timed out.

ferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Thanks Sue, I've only been out there looking for a couple of months now, I'd taken a hiatus for a few years, and it is time for me to be with someone again. I'm not just looking for anyone, it will have to be a very special person. I can tell quickly if a person is someone with a connection, not just romantically, in any way. And to me..."putting" myself out there (with chances of being hurt or used) is better than hiding away, keeping my guard up, and not meeting new people with new ideas. I have learned something from just about everyone, even if it's just a reminder of why I don't like a certain thing. And I can't say I've ever really attracted the "wrong" people. There's always a reason, season or a lifetime as they say. Sometimes it's a learning experience I need, sometimes it is something I can help the other person with, and they don't even know it. And thank you for putting yourself out there and try to protect me in some kind way by sharing with me your feelings. Of course I've been hurt a lot (like everyone else), but someday, there is going to be that person who will make those hurts worth it.
I've been single for about a year now and moved back home last November. I'm in no hurry for a U-haul or a serious relationship. I'm happy, content, and all in all, I like my life. There are moments, more frequently than not, where I would like to have someone to share special moments with, if that makes sense. In all honesty, I figured once I got back home, I wouldn't have any issue with the whole dating thing. I was obviously wrong. I know what I'm looking for and I won't settle. I would really prefer to have my next relationship be the last one, you know? As far as who I tend to attract - ugh, that's a story in and of itself. And what sucks about that is I would like to think I'm a decent person on multiple levels - kind, genuine, etc etc. So the 64 dollar question is either - why do I continue to attract people who treat me like garbage, or, what in the hell is wrong with me. I swear i'm a nice person who has a lot to offer, but it seems to me no one seems to want to give me a chance.

Sue