Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

My mom and I were pretty close. When I came out at age 16, things didn't go so smoothly. Coming out at 16, in Mississippi, in the perfect upper middle class, Republican, 3 child family was not easy. Things were pretty bumpy until I turned 18 and moved out (thinking I had the world by the tail, only to learn later that IT had ME). But she never turned her back on me; no one in my family did.

Within only a few years time, my mother came to accept me for who I am. After a while, it got to the point such that when I was living away from her, she would keep me caught up on the gay gossip in the little town in Mississippi I grew up in, lol. Years later, when I was getting ready to head to D.C. to march with the uniformed military contingent at the March on Washington in 1993, she was actually telling her friends about it, and again for the Millenium March on Washington.

We still had our rough moments over the years, but when she passed in 2007, I lost my greatest ally, advocate and supporter. She was always there no matter what. I miss her still. She was a great lady.

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post: