Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Piano

My mom took me to an private music teacher, for years, beginning at an early age. If memory serves me correctly, I think I was about the age of 9.

I studied classical composers and participated in seasonal recitals and also played in competitions sponsored by the greater Piano Guild Society, locally.

Favorite composers back then were Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven, Greig, Rachmaninov. Later, I began to study religious compositions and composers, but Classical composers are my favorite.

I rarely share about that part of my life with anyone who knows me here at home. In fact, last Thanksgiving, my bff-sil invited me to attend their giant family gathering for the traditional Thanksgiving supper, which because their extended family is so large and attended by family members from out of state, they rented an location at an church, out in the west hills, near Lake Oswego. There was no background music, but there was an piano in the corner of the dining room of the gathering. So I sat down to the piano and opened the churches hymnal and began to randomly play pieces of music from the hymnal. Some of the pieces were so familiar to me that I began to improvise on certain pieces and to the surprise of everyone, they enjoyed an appreciated the music I provided for entertainment at their family function.

I rarely tell anyone about my ability to read and write music or my talent to play written music or compose my own because when I was young, it was my refuge, my place of inner peace, my own private world to help process the wrongs done unto me, which provided for my own Balm of Gilead.

I love to play the piano.

I would love to learn how to play the guitar, better than I can (I've had some informal lessons by friends here at home).

I'd love to own an Martin guitar, or an beautiful Mandolin.

I have an couple favorite songs I love to play, including Moonlight Sonata and Nadia's Song...but my favorite thing to do it take unusual pieces and marry them together into an arrangement that is simultaneously compelling and is capable of invoking memories of times people might dial into, readily.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: