imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
I'll give a little breakdown about what I see on the traffic logs on average:

About 50% of the guest activity are search spiders - These are the autobots that crawl the net and report back to Google and other search engines what can be found here so that our site is indexed on search listings.

About 25% of the guest activity is actual unique ip addresses of people browsing and reading who have never logged in here before.

About 10% of the guest activity is from actual members who come to read the site without being logged in (Yes, I can SEEEEEEEEEEE YOOOOUUUUUU)

About 10% of the guest activity is from harmful bots trying to DOS attack us, sniff for security breaks, or scoop personal information from public posts. (Hence, never ever EVER post your email, identifying info, or phone number in public web spaces)

About 5% of the guest activity is from members who are no longer welcome here. Yes, it's pretty constant. Yes, some of them have been coming back for YEARS. Yes, some of them have attempted to sign up for well over 100 new screen names. I haven't caught them 100% of the time, but they always get caught (thanks to folks being vigilant and alerting us when people out themselves in private message or when our own members notice strange activity).

When you see the record number of guests recorded at 6500, it's because we were under a DOS attack at that time and had thousands of bots trying to shut our site down.

Hope this helps give a little better insight into the behind the scenes happenings!

Thank you,
Angie aka Medusa
wow, that's actually really interesting! Thanks for that. I had zero idea about any of that.

And of course, we can also expand on conspiracy theories.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: