Old 01-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #26
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,708 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I saw two of the nominated flims/actresses yesterday, The Iron Lady and Albert Nobbs. I really liked both films, but I was really won over by Glenn Close's performance and just the wonderful story that was Albert Nobbs. Maybe I'm a little biased there??

Anyway, these are both beautiful films, but are far different from each other. I, personally, liked the story that was Albert Nobbs, while The Iron Lady was, more or less, like a chronicle of Margaret Thatcher's time in public office, with glimpses of her personal life and marriage to Denis Thatcher.

Glenn Close not only produced Albert Nobbs, but co-wrote the screenplay (movie was based on a short story by Irish novelist George Moore), and wrote the lyrics to the end title soundtrack, which has been performed and recorded by Sinead O'Connor. Here's the YouTube vid for that song, which is really sweet and haunting:

I'm really hoping that Glenn Close takes home the Oscar for Best Actress and that Janet McTeer, who played Hubert Page, will win for Best Supporting Actress. Oh, and if McTeer doesn't take it, then I'm pulling for Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for The Help, which is also a total winner for this season!!

~Theo~

Theo, unfortunately I have not been able to get hold of those two movies and they are not showing here yet. Thanks to your post, now I wish they get them here soon.

I am really looking forward to Glenn Close's performance, as I have heard from several sources that she is excellent. She sounds like a front runner for the award.

I did get the The Help, and that is next on my list.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post: