View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #7583
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,130 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

A fun text exchange with my daughter.

She texted to let me know that her cabin-made for the coming school year (They lived together two years ago and are great friends) is transitioning to male, changing pronouns, and has chosen the name Elliot.

I responded with:
"Awesome. Thank you for letting me know. I do have one big concern. Can you ask Elliot if he is sure he wants to sign up for a lifetime of people quoting lines from the movie ET at him? Because for people of a certain age, like me, the name Elliot takes us right there"

Followed by a you tube clip of the part of the movie where ET learns to say Elliot and keeps saying it over and over in his slow raspy voice

(I've known him for years and he knows I'm a goofball and that I support him so he'll take it as a fun joke)
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: