imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I am the queen of over sharing

to me, it's just right. cause telling stories and getting stories, is my big love in life.

but like I said, some people, it's not their thing. lots and lots of conversation is not how they reach their bonna. they'd rather do a jigsaw with someone in silence or walk with each other lost in their own thoughts, or play basket ball with their partner.

for me, my favourite game is Truth or Dare. Sincerely. and sitting on a blanket outside, playing it, or making a little crafty something together and playing it, is bliss to me.

I totally get that others don't like talking as much as I like to hear it, or sharing everything. My exwife and I shared everything from our pasts and I loved it. late night story telling, by the river story telling, etc. but it's fine that some people don't want that.

I do. and I feel lonely when I'm with someone who won't talk to me. I'm an extrovert. It's like food to me. It feeds me. I'd personally just rather be on my own if I'm not going to verbally interact with the person I'm with. I give people a lot of space and a lot of time on their own, I know people need it.

that's why when I was with someone who was really quiet and after five dates I knew almost nothing about her, we were talking about solitude and quietude and she said "...oh not me, I'm very happy to not talk for days at a time." I thought oh. thats sounds like me being very lonely *with* someone and winding up looking to connect emotionally (for me, that's verbally) with someone else...

So it ended right there.

I don't want people to be my shrink. I don't want people to solve my problems and I have heaps of other people I talk A LOT with. I think as I speak. It's how I sort things in my head. That's the difference between extroversion and introversion. Introverts think in their head and need time alone to recharge. Extroverts need to think as they speak and recharge by connecting to others. If I go out and just have a simple quick conversation with a stranger, I feel better and more energized.

I see a lot of misunderstandings on that level.

My exwife and I did tell each other everything. And by everything, I mean everything. We weren't each other's shrink though. A shrink I tell someone stuff in order to get feedback to sort out my problems. My exwife just shared all of our innermost thoughts and stories, cause that was just us.

some people just don't mix as a life long partnership. that's absolutely fine.

When I am casually dating someone for sex adventures, I don't really care about some things I would care about if I were looking at them for long term.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: