blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I wish folks would get as pissed off and upset about the 'new and improved' curriculum that is resulting in new textbooks being written courtesy of the Texas State School Board. The effects of these new textbooks will be felt across the nation. And in my mind is far more important.
I totally agree with you. And this is an issue most folks don't know much about. But most of what we know about history comes from these textbooks. They are the source of our culture's working knowledge. It is where censorship and cultural agendas are played out. Columbus is the classic example of this. Curriculum still states that he is taught as an explorer looking for spices. In the spite of autobiographical diaries in which he describes his quest for gold and methods for enslaving native Americans.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post: