nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,486 Times in 747 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

So it was an interesting week at the feeder. Maybe it is migration but we had an abundance of birds outside our window. The colorful cardinals, goldfinch, blue jays, and Baltimore orioles (not a normal sighting). Woodpeckers galore: hairy, downey and red bellied (not a normal sighting). The usual suspects: black capped chickadees, house sparrows, cat birds, tufted titmice, nut hatches and brown headed cowbirds. On one of the days I was looking out the window and having my coffee, I noticed our juvenile rooster "Goose"(and that is a whole other story) was having a wild turkey encounter. He was all puffed up and being a bit aggressive but the female turkey was not impressed. After a couple minutes of his bad behavior I thought maybe a bit of bread was called for. When I went out onto the deck the turkey headed for the woods, until she saw me throwing bread and she came running back. I have to say in 22 years here I have never had the chance to feed a wild turkey first hand. After the bread was gone I tried throwing down an ear of corn to keep her in the area but she seemed uninterested and wandered off. A keen eyed crow spotted that ear of corn and flew down into the yard (also not normal though they are all about) and began to give the corn a tasting. In our barn we have a pair of swallows back again and they are playing house down there. Lastly, on my way to the house after work, there was a scarlet tanager sitting along side the roadway. It was a great week for bird watching in New Hampshire.
nhplowboi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post: