Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
2024 is on my mind and who will get the Democratic nomination if Biden doesn't run again.

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's name is being mentioned a lot in Michigan as a potential candidate. I like her and just voted for her, but I'on't know when it comes to being the "leader of the free world."

I thought Hilary Clinton was perfect for the job having been a Senator, Secretary of State, a creator of a health-care initiative while First Lady, and I was impressed with her ability to move past that nasty 2008 election and work with Obama ... but that ship has sailed and even I don't think she should run again. Pity.

DeSantis will probably be the Republican nominee. He can be beaten, but by whom? Biden, Harris, someone more or less progressive? I don't think Whitmer can meet the challenge.

As usual, I'll vote for the Democratic nominee—whoever it is—but I hope I don't have to hold my breath while casting my vote.
We've already had a tiny clue ripple across trusted news media reports.... Did you once read, about a month ago or so, how media pundits thought California Governor Gavin Newsom would be the brightest star in the Democratic party to challenge Dr. Kill-Joy (The GOP Florida governor psycho-boy)?

Gavin Newsome came up with and passed laws in CA in opposition to DeSantis' warped agenda against the LGBTQ and Women's rights.

I am wondering if Newsome is the choice of the Democratic Party. Newsome, Whitmer Ticket for 2024?? Go Gretchen and Gavin.

Like you, I vote strictly Democratic, up and down the voting ticket. For other fill in the blank options on the vote, like for write-n candidates challenging incumbent judges? I always use Ruth Bader Ginsberg as my go-to choice. That way it is fucking clear that I'm wholly Democrat, through and through.

PS/ did you know that our out-going Govenor Kate Brown is related to Gavin Newsome? Brown was Oregon's first elected official from the LGBTQ sector because she identifies as Bisexual. Last week we just elected Oregon's first out Lesbian as our next Governor.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 11-16-2022 at 11:30 AM. Reason: emphasized distinction added :)
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: