View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #21
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I have a spot in interview that has been a bit of a sticky place for me,at the end of the intervew the intrevewer ask..do you have any questions for me?
This deserves as good an anser as I can come up with,but there are times I just dont have an idea how to anser him/her,just what can I say to respond to there question.Im shure im not the only one that this has happened to,so this may help others as well.

Here is the idea behind that question...

You are interviewing the company just like they are interviewing you.

A couple good questions to ask are (In your own words):

What is the company retention rate?
What is the enviroment in the dept/company? Is it social or production minded? Is it laid back or is there an undercurrent of we need to get this done NOW!... (example... I'm very work oriented... I don't fit into a company where employees spend a great deal of time hanging at the door of my cubie wanting to talk... I don't motivate well in a office that works on Island Time and there is no presure or deadlines)

What does the interviewer like the best about the company?

You can ask questions about the charities/causes the company supports... If you have done your homework about the company, you will know what they support....

I know for me... If I'm not happy at work, then I'm not going to stay... It's best to find a company that is a good fit...