How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,162 Times in 5,132 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Like so many nights, I just can't get to sleep. I have trouble turning off my thoughts - they just swirl around in my head, spinning and spinning, and causing worry, or long trains of thought. My dad passed away recently, and lately I especially can't get thoughts of him and the days immediately following out of my head. I've also been really distracted at work lately - mainly by the same thoughts that keep me awake - and I've been sleepy at work due to the lack of sleep. I'm falling behind in my work, and I've made a couple of blunders as well. People have been very kind, but I worry because I know they rely on me to help them do their own work. I don't feel very reliable these days. - Ahh, and this is what is spinning in my head tonight, even if it is a Friday and I don't have to go to work for the next couple of days.

So I've given up trying to sleep for awhile tonight and I'm killing time here on the Planet. I've heard that thing about how viewing screens of any kind for 30 minutes before bed can keep you awake, but avoiding screens doesn't seem to be helping any.

'Sweet Dreams' to all who pass this way . . .

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: