Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Earlier today I went food shopping and bought some "nutritional yeast flakes" similar to those mentioned by kittygrrl, and a new (to me) type of fake milk, made from pea protein, brand name "The Might Society original pea mylk" Info on pea milk can be found on th Holland & Barrett website.

I've only tried some of the yeast flakes sprinkled on buttered crackers so far - the result was enjoyably tasty, and I'm looking forward to experimenting further with it.

The pea milk was the big surprise. Bearing in mind that I have always consumed a LOT of milk - more than anyone else I know - ideally I'm wanting something I can drink glassfuls of now and then, that also tastes good in tea and doesn't cause me tummy upsets. Other milk substitutes have all failed dismally in tea, one or two I could happily drink by the glassful, although soy, I discovered, can give me a mild tunny upset, which puzzles me as soy meat products I'm fine with.

The pea milk smelt a little like vanilla , but not quite as pleasant. To my great surprise, it was acceptable in tea! Didnt taste quite as good as cows milk, but certainly didnt ruin the taste. I did find the smell offputting - I'm not a fan of flavoured teas like Earl Grey, see, and that unfamiliar smell where I'm not used to it - it's a negative for me, even though the smell in and of itself isn't unpleasant. But heck, if there was no cows milk in the house and I wanted a cuppa? Yes, I WOULD use this in my tea, concentrate on the taste of the tea and just do my best to ignore the smell.

I also drank a couple of glasses of the milk. I later had a mild tunny rebellion, but I am not 100% sure it was the milk that caused it - I also had a soy-based desert, and that may have had a hand in things, or the combination of that with the unfamilar type of milk.

Main drawback - the price. But if you only use milk in tea or coffee and dont guzzle the stuff like I tend to, this might not be a huge problem.