Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I think this is wonderful and long overdue.

Yet, a part of me has to wonder why a group concerned about women and lesbians has one value definition that is woman/lesbian specific and the other 2 are generalized.

[What is a pro-lesbian candidate?

LPAC will support candidates who champion a range of issues that impact lesbians and their families, a pro-lesbian candidate is someone who supports:

Ending discriminatory treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals and their families;

Sexual and reproductive freedom and women’s access to quality healthcare; and,

Furthering social, racial, and economic justice for all Americans. ]

It seems odd to me how stuff supposedly geared toward women seems to get routinely watered down to include all people, thereby taking the focus off women/lesbian. Is there some reason women just cant focus on what is good for women? Is there some reason we have to sandwich this between what is good for everyone else?

And, where the heck is any mention of feminism and sexism? Or, are those on par with Voldemort i.e. that-which-must-not-be-named?

This just seems, to me, to be part of the internalized and operationalized patriarchial programming where women must always be mindful of others, place others needs on equal par or better yet above our own, etc.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: