Old 04-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #7089
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nature's first green is gold....

My garden. It rained most of the day but then the sky cleared to a brilliant blue and the sun shone strong and pure. The leaves on the trees had the filtered light and looked like bright emeralds and that lovely gold-green glow shone over the yard. The leftover raindrops sparkled and it was if they had little diamonds hanging from the leaves. Best of all were the flowers. The azaleas (pink, purple and white) were a bit beaten-down but the shrub roses have masses of blooms. The little miniature roses are fat with ready-to-pop blooms. The hostas are up and silver-blue and all manner of greens and swirls of yellow. The violas (blues, purples and blue/yellow) and snapdragons (yellow) are at full power (they love cooler weather). The potted Japanese maples have their lacy burgundy leaves waving in the breeze and the dogwood tree is still a froth of white blossoms.
Best of all the lily-of-the-valley which took me four years to really establish are up and starting their bloom. All along the stone path leading to the backyard it just smells heavenly. I did pluck a few of the sweet little white bells and put them in a cobalt vase in my bedroom.

Not only did my garden bring me joy, it brought me gratitude beyond measure.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post: