Old 02-24-2016, 09:32 PM   #10
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

20 percent of Trump supporters believe Lincoln shouldn't have freed the slaves.

As well, Trump just exclaimed, "I love the poorly educated!" How are there millions of people who vote for someone who so blatantly disdains and mocks them? Then I read things about the forces that propel someone like Trump's popularity. His rise to power does have echoes of facism and parallels the rise of Hitler in fascist Germany; this Chomsky article is good at detailing this.

I really thought he'd go away after some initial flurry of celebrity injected into the race and his megalomaniacal need for attention would be assuaged. It is unbelievable that he might actually get the nomination. On the other hand, I do enjoy watching Rubio and Cruz sputter about in paroxysms of disbelief, rage, and thwarted entitlement.

The whole GOP IS a friggin' reality show. Canadians are like watching it all unfold, as I'm sure many of my American friends are as well.

I do want to see him debate the issues with someone like Clinton. I keep thinking he's going to be like, "Ya stupid fucks; I was just screwing with you! I don't want to be President anyway!" and stomp off.

I just don't know anymore but the right wing fringe of the GOP/Tea Party created this mess and I can't believe they cannot find/promote one viable (or moderate even?) candidate. I can't see Cruz, Rubio, (etc) winning over Clinton, but I can see one of them (especially Trump who will pull independents) winning over Sanders.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: