Old 04-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #3772
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I haven't exercised in ages. Today I went to the gym and did 45 min at 3 mph on the treadmill, then 15 minutes of floor exercises and stretching.

Someone said, "You haven't been here in a long time right?" Wanted to say, "Beeyotch, I'm here now!" even though it was said well-intentioned. It's just not a line I enjoy hearing.
Your ears are tuned to 'negative'. If you listen to it in a positive way, that means that this person noticed that you usually come a lot and that you've been busy with life and that they noticed you weren't there. Kind of like when you notice that Judith isn't there.

It means you're memorable!

Good afternoon, exercisers!

I'm still flying the endorphin high from this morning's workout. I really gave it to myself.

I have a training session tomorrow afternoon so my workout tomorrow morning will be very light. Because of that, and that it's been 5 days since I dragged myself out, I wanted to really shake things up with my body. I couldn't do weights, because that's what the training session is for and I wouldn't have enough time to rest and recoup if I did so it was cardio all the way. I can work the Hell out of myself and not be sore the next morning and that's exactly what I did.

I tend to do 20 or 25 minute elliptical workouts plus the 5 minute cool downs. I decided to go for 40 minutes at the higher level and I decided to really go for it and blast it out. Well, the thing is....I decided to do this as I was AT the gym. It would have been helpful to figure this out when I was eating my pre-workout snack because I would have beefed that up some. As it was, a banana....even a BIG banana...woohoo!....only goes so far on an empty stomach.

BUT

I gave it my all and, for a while, there was a lady next to me with the same intention so our strides matched up for about 20-25 minutes. That was nice. I really pushed and forgot not to do the reverse pedaling until near the end. That wasn't fun. For me, reverse pedaling really works my quads and kicks up the lactic acid like crazy and once that stuffs kicks in, it gets rough. It moves from the point of origin to my belly and lungs and that's not fun at all. I do not like that burn, thankyouverymuch, so I only did the one minute and a half of that.

So, I did my 40 minutes at top effect and higher speed and I just kind of wound down during the cool down. Obvs, I know that's what that time is for, but I usually push through at least the first part of it. This time, I slowed down and didn't push and just kind of coasted along. That was nice.

I know that ellipticals are off by as much as 40% but the one I was on isn't that far off, I think. I definitely burned somewhere in the mid to upper 300s, I feel.

Stats: 440 cal, 3.48 mi, 45 min

My stretch was a little shaky because I didn't fuel myself for that intense of a workout but it was relaxing and felt really good. I'm super happy with this morning's workout and feel great!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: