Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I have used a bow drill, a lens from a camera, the reflecting of light to and from a head light to tender to start a fire. Being an occasional smoker I always can find a lighter somewhere in my car or about any jacket I have, even one that just has a sparking flint will help in starting a fire.
Never considered a camera lens, great idea! and yes I always seem to have a lighter or two around, but what I love about bushcraft is that it's about your skillset and being able to use your environment to provide for yourself. One of my goals in the next year is to go out with just the basics, a knife, an axe, etc and make it in the woods for a few days...The perfect place to do this would probably be Alaska or possibly the Cascades towards Autumn..Ive done a lot of camping but with all the paraphernalia. I would like to take a couple of survival classes to make sure I have enough skills to make it..I have plans
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: