View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #46
sweetcali
BFP Angel

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Yes I have a status.

Location: I ride a cowboy in Rodeo in the communist nation of the isle of cali.
sweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler41 View Post
When my mom was dying with cancer and didn't want to eat, this is what I did as well. I mixed 1/2 ensure, 1/2 instant breakfast and but it in a blender with a banana. It helped keep her up with some protein until she got to the point that she couldn't drink anymore. She opted to not go through chemo and I supported her in that choice. For her, diagnosis to passing was seven weeks and one day. However, it is a fact that she was misdiagnosed nearly six months before the official diagnosis. Early diagnosis is certainly one of the largest keys to beating cancer. I wish everyone, both patients and caregivers, the best with their journey.

Glynn
Thank you oiler. I can talk about misdiagnosis for days. They misdiagnosed me for a very long time. They put me in the automatic menopausal depressed hormonal group. Until I went to the ER for a swollen elbow and ended up leaving there knowing I had a mass in my lung. So yup I get the misdiagnoses game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
When I can't eat I just keep trying stuff until something is tolerable.

No worries SweetCali, I will be there soon to fatten you up! I have my handy-dandy recipes for blondes booklet and a lot of will power to make you feel better.

I will also show you how to make ensure tolerable. A girl has to add things sometimes.
YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you bubbledoodles!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
Thank you for responding, Sweetcali ....
  • see if your provider will give you Vitamin B12 injections at least monthly (every 2 weeks is better for a while)
  • take Melatonin 100 mg (health food stores) about 1 hour before bedtime to help you sleep
  • eat 4-5 small meals/day (or graze all day). Helps digestion and makes sure that you are getting adequate nutrition. If, for example, you have soup and sandwhich for lunch, have 1/2 sand. and soup, then 2 hours later the other half.
  • I am confused about your confusion! for muscle gain, eat more protein and lift "hot dog" weights ( 1 or 2 pounders);
  • make sure that you do even a little bit of aerobic exercise daily ... among other things, doing so helps mood ...
Thank you waxnrope I really appreciate it. When I was going through the second Tier Chemo they gave me B12 shots. I take b12 vitamins now; maybe I will ask them if I can get a shot.

sweetcali
sweetcali is offline   Reply With Quote