Buckaroo

How Do You Identify?:
queer dyke butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,172 Times in 425 Posts
Buckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST Reputation

I've got 2 weeks until I can head home. I'm in the safest place in healthcare in the OR. I wear masks and gowns all day and constantly scrubbing my hands...yet I'm absolutely terrified for my mom who is 83 years old. The fatality rate for people her age is 15%. So it absolutely drives me livid when I hear ignorant people say how they aren't following the recommendations set out for us at this time. Let me give you a reality check. In Italy, their healthcare system is so overwhelmed that they are having to make life and death choices for people. A 30-year-old mother of 2 will get the vent over a 69-year-old grandmother. THAT IS REALITY! Our country hasn't gotten there YET but don't kid yourself to think it can't/won't happen. Let me give you another reality check....Italy has a bed ratio of 3.8 beds per 1000 people...the USA?? We have 2.4 beds per1000 people. See the problem??? Italy has run out of beds and ventilators...We aren't talking about a 3rd world country...we are talking about a modern, revolutionized country. Stop being selfish and think about others.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N95 masks fulfill the filtering efficiency criteria of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and are approved for protection against droplet and airborne transmission of 95% of particles greater than 0.3 microns in size. N95 masks, which must be fit tested, are believed to offer protection against the contact and droplet spread of the coronavirus.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Buckaroo For This Useful Post: