How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
Those are my concerns at my job, too. Crowds are getting panicky and harried. We had a fight in the parking lot the other day. There have been screaming matches in the aisles over God knows what. Scuttlebutt is that the police-not a rent a cop- I mean police-will be stationed there.

And I'm pooped, and paranoid every time I cough. My son with literally no immune system is behind quarantine. If not at work, I'm at home (true, with plenty to do besides fooling around online .

I found out today from my doctor that it's a matter of when, not if, I get exposed due to my job. Those crowds are doing the exact opposite of what is recommended; lots of people in a confined place. Thanksgiving for a virus.

I'm healthy, so I'm not as worried about myself at this point. What I fear are the elderly who shop with us. I've volunteered to do shopping for them in my condo complex, which was gratefully accepted.
First of all, Gráinne, it is so good to see you here on BFP! It feels like it has been a long while.

I'm glad you're getting police at your store. Maybe it will make some people at least give a second thought before they act out. And maybe they can at least protect the employees.

I think the same kind of thing is happening with the news now that happened with 9/11. People hear about COVID-19 on the news and on TV over and over and over, and it just makes them more paranoid. I noticed when I was looking for something to watch on Netflix the other day that "Pandemic", the docuseries, was in the top 10 shows for that day. "Outbreak", the movie, was also in the top 10. It's like people just keep feeding it to themselves.

I admit, I'm guilty of that too. For awhile, I was listening to "NPR News Now" and the "BBC News" every hour on the hour. I am now limiting myself to one hour and five minutes of news a day: a half hour of "BBC News" and the half-hour show "Marketplace" the financial news, and one five-minute episode of "NPR News Now".

Stay healthy, Gráinne. It is really good of you to do some shopping for the elderly people you know. I wish I could convince my 80-year-old mother to stay out of the Kroger - my sister would do any shopping she needs - but she has her habits and the onset of dementia has begun, which keeps her from remembering what the fuss is all about.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: