View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 07:27 AM   #1429
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you, everyone!

Update:

We spent over 12 hours in the emergency department yesterday. The doctor on duty didn't feel like my mother qualified to be admitted. The x-rays showed the tube was still in it's proper place. I attempted more than once to explain everything that was going on with her. He discharged her twice. Each time the nurses tried to get her up stomach fluids would flow out of the hole. So much so, that it puddled on the floor. How in the hell was I going to be able to take her home? She was in immense pain. She had not ate anything other than a pudding cup and applesauce for days. Nor had she gotten any sleep. He suggested I put her into a nursing home.

Thankfully, the charge nurse made the ultimate decision to keep her. I can't tell you how relieved I was.

It sucks that some doctors don't take the time to stop and listen. Or just want to move on to the next patient. I realize the emergency department is usually slammed but my mom is still a human being who is obviously suffering greatly. I will be communicating this to the higher ups.

I am getting ready to go back over. I'll fill everyone in once I find out what's going on.

Thanks for all the support. It's nice to have all of you and the planet to be able to vent and share with.

Thanks to you all.

~W
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post: