theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've always been seriously nearsighted and have required eyeglasses/contact lenses since I was 10. When I turned 40, I noticed that I was losing my ability to read things close up. This really put the brakes on a lot of the former enjoyment I had of reading. I tried a few pairs of those "cheater" reading glasses they sell at the drug store/WalMart (GASP)/etc., but I was always losing them or trying to hunt them down, so I ended up just not reading much.

Then came the Kindle and I got back to reading again!!! I've been reading like a fiend ever since and I really realize now how much I missed that for a few years. I can make the print as large as I want with the Kindle and I'm even planning on giving my mother a Kindle for Christmas this year, because she is having problems with her eyes now, too. She's nearly 90 years old, and has always been both a voracious reader and a published author (she's a retired Teacher with a Master's degree in Education/Learning Disabilities), and she raised both my sister and me to both be able to read and write well. The Kindle will bring the joy of reading back to her, too, so it's going to be a really special gift that I'm going to be so very pleased to give her.

Oh, and for you Ladies out there.........you all should also date us boys/bois/fellows/men who read, too. We're good catches, also.

~Theo~