View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #25
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

http://journalistsresource.org/studi...iew-statistics

The scholarly article, featured above, talks about difficulties in establishing stricter methods of accountability, concerning excessive force (read: brutality) -- with regard for the slow growing body of research on this social issue since the race riots of 1992.

Item of interest noted: It's not clear how the public can utilize a reporting system (which is supposedly already in place at local, state or federal levels in the justice system). If I read the article correctly, the DOJ claim is that the reliability of aggregate information culled from established reporting system (s) is not and cannot supply accurate samplings of case material for the DOJ to recommend or draw new standards of accountability, so that police brutality can be monitored more closely and enforce efforts to eradicate police brutality.

I thought it was an interesting article, for those who would like to read about this social issue.

Eta: thank you Miss Tick for your commentary. I appreciate your take on this issue.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: