imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Kept: I wasn't meaning that a magazine quiz would be an end point for a financial discussion, just that something is usually needed as an introduction to the topic. People in western culture tend to have a lot of anxiety around talking about it in anything more than an abstract.

(Kelt, you are clarifying/being defensive here... *very playful cheek*)

Kelt: It makes people uncomfortable and frequently defensive, it's one of those hot button topics. Your response is a perfect example. (Not to be personal, you just gave a good sample) the thread was a light game/quiz but as soon as personal examples were used, you seemed to express defensiveness or at least a desire to clarify (correct me if I'm mistaken). Most people, I'm referring to North America, attach judgement to whatever their relative standing to money is, especially when one gets near either extreme end of the spectrum. The closer a person is to 'average' the more comfortable people are around them and the less judgement is attached. We live in a consumer based economy and are barraged with 'good enough' messages tied to financial consumption all day long. It's not that different from things like sex and appearance based judgments but seems to have even stronger taboo signals tied to it.

It's an interesting topic even in the abstract but I do think it's important to have those discussions when getting to know a person in a more intimate way if it looks like it may go in the direction of a relationship. It just seems harder to bring up than other subjects.

Barb:

Yes. It was to Clarify. But I will clarify the minutia uses of a peanut given half a chance. I like discourse.

Now I'm clarifying about my clarifying.

I'm used to forums where the is page after page of clarification and deeper and deeper discourse. Personally, I don't see this as defensiveness. I think it's a great attribute and something I look for in a partner - the ability to discuss, argue, debate and dismantle for hours on end. I find it pleasurable and fun

And yes, to many people it's a no touch topic.

Me being a wordy bitch I personally think it's a great subject.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 07-28-2015 at 12:58 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: