cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
A father and daughter live a perfect but mysterious existence in Forest Park, a beautiful nature reserve near Portland, Ore., rarely making contact with the world. But when a small mistake tips them off to authorities, they are sent on an increasingly erratic journey in search of a place to call their own.

Sidebar: I have NOT yet seen this movie but every single review I have come across of it, has been glowing! Even rotten tomatoes has given it 100%! I know the book it's based on My Abandonment subject matter didn't thrill or grab me at first but having gone back and re-read it, I'm now looking forward to seeing how the movie compares!
This flick is a study in desperation. I was on the edge of my seat relating to the subject matter. If you have serious childhood abandonment issues, this film probably would not be the best choice for Saturday night entertainment.
If you have worked through your childhood trauma, and have someone supportive to see this movie with.