View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #1648
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

One of my residents came to me this morning to tell me she had an altercation with the police last night while coming home.

She was walking up the steps, reached the first of the double doors to get in, and heard footsteps running behind her. Two police officers were running up the stairs demanding her ID. She asked them to talk to her inside and went to open the door. One of the officers grabbed her arm and tried to pull her back. She pulled back and ran inside where there was staff. Staff asked the police what was going on. They claimed that they were looking for someone who had escaped from the hospital. When asked, they refused to provide their names or badges, just said they were state police.

The resident is a very tall very built dark skinned woman, very butch, wearing black jeans and a black hoodie. It was after dark. I really was feeling like she was profiled as a man. They were apparently taken aback when it turned out that she lived there in a women's housing building.

Anyway it all started to feel really shady that they wouldn't provide their names and badges. There was no urgency, the resident wasn't fighting or fleeing, she just asked to speak inside where there was staff and there were a dozen other women in the living room behind them.

Once they got to see her ID, they determined that she was not the person that they were looking for and they left, still without providing their names or badges. They left in two jeeps.

So I called state police, it wasn't them I called local police, it wasn't them. I called our advocate who works in the police station and she said she can't figure out who it is but possibly ICE. Tomorrow I will investigate more but I was so pissed that they chased her like that and put their hands on her and I don't even know if they were actual cops or random dudes in jeeps. They were wearing jeans and T-shirts and police vests with some sort of lanyard ID around their necks that they didn't show staff to take down.

We talked a bit about what could have happened if they had seen her in a different location, the corner store, whatever, if she didn't have a place with people to back her. Just... so wrong and I'm angry.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: