How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,396 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Is this what you meant?

Kickback.
Yes it is Excellent analogy about the calves too! I do those types of raises, and used to do the ONE machine at the gym that was for calves. Nada. But, like you said, they are strong because they have to be. I'm sure if I get into backpacking I will feel them then.

SPEAKING OF WHICH!

I found workouts geared towards backpackers on youtube...of course. Youtube has everything.. I don't think these are trainers per say. I think they are backpackers that figured out what they needed for conditioning to prep for a thru hike. Sadly, everyone suggests the stairmaster...my nemesis. I just find them HUGELY boring....the stairway to nowhere. At least on the elliptical I can escape my mind and I'm cross country skiing or running somewhere pretty. I can not imagine heaps of stairs going anywhere nice. Except maybe Machu Picchu.

I guess I need to suck it up, throw on a pack and take the stairs....it will never be as much fun as hiking though. Even my imagination can only do so much...