Old 04-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #254
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Thank you for quick responses to my questions, I really appreciate it, Dapper.
Have a couple more follow-up questions.
Isn't the usual, dime sized? What other sizes do guys want? The skin stretches over time, yes? Do the surgeons normally leave the color unchanged? Men in my family had darker areolas.
Do most docs do their top surgeries out-patient?
How long do guys normally have pain after a double incision surgery?
The majority of surgeons still use nickel size. 2.5cm. Garramone uses dime size. I believe that dime size looks more masculine and this is what I have. I have noticed that the surgeons who have less experience with top surgery (are used to doing cis women's breast reductions), tend to go even larger than 2.5cm. Honestly, it was because I know your surgeon is not a trans surgeon per se, that I mentioned this to you.

Your areolas will be the same color as they are now. Your surgeon should remove your areola/nipple complex. He should cut down the size of each. He should stich the areola on first and then stitch the nipple into the center. Some surgeons make oval shaped areolas because they can stretch diagnoally over time. Did your surgeon not go over how he does his areola/nipples?

I don't know of any who do inpatient. What does your surgeon do?

Pain varies between people. I used pain meds for only a handful of days (2-3?) and then used extra strength Tylenol like twice. The bulk of the pain for me was the drains. If you have drains, they are tubes pressed roughly against your sides by either a vest or a wrap. It sucks. Will you be getting a vest or a wrap?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: