Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Women's Music was so defining for us. We had a local college radio show that, every Sunday, played all the great music and had guests like Meg, Alix Dobkin, and Ferron when she came to town. I played Cris Williamson over and over again--"Sweet Woman" made me swoon every time. When I came out, the first thing I did (and I mean this literally), was find "Changer and the Changed" on CD (much of the old music is at cdbaby.com). We had one of those small, dark bars with a jukebox and nothing much to eat. Just lots of smoke and steamy dancing. Again, defining. I never got to Michigan, but I remember a drive back and forth to a music festival in MA, with lots of stages, many outhouses, and hardly anyone with a shirt on. One important memory, when I was coming out again, was how one woman in particular made me feel any time I was within view of her. She was a big, beautiful butch and in her presence, I could barely breathe. I didn't know what that was.... Now, with life and experience behind me, I can recognize this as the first time I really felt true attraction and desire.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post: