Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I am not caught up on this thread so forgive if some or all of these have been mentioned but here's my .02: When I try to write someone a visitor message and see that their messages are closed, I take a look at their user notes. If they have a lot of user notes, then I get the gist that that's where that person doesn't mind receiving messages, so I leave what would have been a visitor message there. If the user notes are also empty, I get the sense that they are a private person and back off or PM them instead. Not saying this is "right," just saying this is how I think of it.

Also, just a general reminder to all (not to you), for those that respond to visitor messages from someone on their own page, it is not as effective as going to the other person's page and responding. The person will get it quicker. If you (again, not Samurai, just general you) respond to the visitor message on your own page, it might get buried and the person will have no idea to check back. I sometimes see new people do that, so I thought I'd mention it in this post.
Sometimes, I do like you and PM them - other times, if someone leaves me a message but I cant leave them one, I sometimes go into the thread from where their comment to me originated and I leave them a rep message, so I can message them - even though it isnt a public response.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: