Old 03-01-2019, 04:18 AM   #72
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Justice Department

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I understand that it's legally possible to indict a sitting President. I just don't believe this Supreme Court will allow it.
I'm glad you are aware of that fact, but I'm not sure that many Americans understand that fact.

The problem, as I see it, is that there is a world of difference between the "policy" of the Justice Department (and the A.G.) as well as that of politicians (in general) and what the Constitution actually says.

I find that policy itself betrays what it means to be American; in other words, policy itself is un-American.

So, the core issue for me is not to be concerned as to whether or not the Supreme Court will indict the President. That is a classical "straw-man" argument - which seeks to deflect the real issue into some debatable and complicated argument. It is more likely that the Justice Department (and the A.G.) will be extremely reluctant to actually apply the Constitution, not to speak of the politicians themselves.

As I have often heard muttered quietly in the background (but I listened):

"The System is corrupt."

I will go further, and state most emphatically, that any System is but a reflection of "vested interests" of any small group of people (any gang or clique), and is therefore inherently corrupt. Historically, the policy of any System always regresses, degenerates, and devolves into "authority" - in other words, to authoritarian doctrine. And this authoritarian doctrine is always - repeat “always” - reflected and exemplified in the belief in a “leader”, which is nothing more than the co-dependent (i.e. neurotic) belief that there is hope and promise that there is someone out there who will save you from whatever mess you are in. This belief is always sustained by the most vulnerable and damaged part of the population, and every politician knows that, and uses that belief for self-aggrandisement, as a justification and rationalization for their drive for "leadership". And that is why "The System is corrupt."

Please understand that as a young adult, I often saw people of my generation (here in Canada) wearing that button: "Question authority" - which originally had came out from California at that time. Unfortunately, most people do not understand what that phrase implies. But it is really interesting if one goes deeply into that phrase "Question authority".
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: