Old 01-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Just for kicks, I plugged my info into the points'ometer and came up with 24. I'm not sure what good that will do me, as I don't count points, but it's good to know, I guess.

*grin*

I use the website thedailyplate.com to log my daily food intake and exercise. You set up your free profile, with your age, activity level, et cetera and then, as you add food, it makes the adjustments necessary. When you add exercise or actitivies (shoveling, sex, even walking on crutches!), it makes the adjustments to your caloric limit, since an exercising and/or working hard body requires more fuel.

For me, it's helped a bit to remind myself that that's all food is. Fuel. Some days, usually about 10-14 days out of the month, I don't care what the Hell it is, I just WANT it, but the rest of the time, it helps. I don't put sugar or sand in my car. It would ruin my engine, so why do I put so much sugar and junk in my body? I've had to have some pretty heavy 'what is food to me' discussions with myself over the past few months.

On my better days, it's fuel for my body. On my less than stellar days, it's comfort to soothe sadness or hurt feelings, to alleviate boredom, or to fill a void of some kind that I'm just not ready to address.

I've actively been exercising and eating healthier for about 2.5 months now. I had the luxury of being able to spend a LOT of time at the gym (nearly every day for at least an hour) before I found my job. Now, I am going about 3 times a week for an hour and a half each time. Since I began doing all this, I've dropped about 15 pounds.

I still have a little ways to go before I am at my goal weight, but it's not just the number on the scale that I'm working towards. I'm slowing teaching myself that, while it's fine to indulge now and then and for special occasions, when I reach for something to eat, I want my first instinct to be something that is good for me. I am making progress, but it's definitely a journey that I've just begun.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: