Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
George Lopez: The Wall, Live from Washington D.C.

A Lifetime Of Comedy And Jokes About Trump.

IMHO this is some funny stuff!!!
I tend to agree with you about George Lopez...... I've watched him on HBO and his brand of satire is similar to that of Stephen Colbert. Lopez breaks it down, the racially motivated prejudice wielded by those of white privilege. And Colbert satirizes straight up hateful prejudice aimed at gay men....particularly at gay men who are not in line with being "politically correct."

At least, that's my take on both brands of satire. Satire is not easily understood though, especially satire that goes against the grain of what most people typically think satire is. I think it takes open-mindedness and a particular willingness to understand the subject being mocked.

But.... I totally appreciate comedians who command this type of performative genre. Colbert and Lopez, imo, rank side by side with other comedians such as Richard Pryor (whom I thought was outstanding), George Carlin and Dave Chapelle.

Of course, not all comedians are able to pull off political satire.

But, I guess anything could be polysemous.... including comedy, right???

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote