Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Did you read the article? She's lost tens of millions of dollars, which she can well afford, but that's her record. She is 27, has one year of college and seems to spend her much of her time hanging out with movies stars. Fine. Good choice. Better than drug addiction or living a Kim Kardashian style life. Some kind of lesbian role model? Well, not for me.

I am really lost as to why you would have such an opinion of this particular woman. I also don't understand what makes you not think she is a good role model for lesbians and women. Are you saying lesbians and therefore women must have a certain level of education, certain friends and certain jobs in order to be considered successful and proper role models?

I think she is a great role model for women and lesbians. Why?

1. She is a female and a lesbian. Period.
2. She is a female and lesbian in the predominately male financial field.
3. Her movies are successful. Per firegal, 35 oscar nominations for her films. Of those 35, 17 were films she financed. She is 27. I am impressed.
4. She has grossed profits from those movies which well exceed losses. Even Ron Howard has made some clunker films.

And the biggest reason of all, seeing you are concerned about poverty and such?

As a producer, she is a job generator in a wonderful thing called trickle down economics. She not only provides the financing for the actors, her money and ability to procure money gives jobs to writers, directors, make up artists, clothing designers, sound people, technical people, scenery people, lighting people, hairdressers......all the way down to the person to makes the coffee.

If the film is shot on location, it provides jobs and income for the local economy in the form of lodging, food, entertainment, transportation, security, even porta potties, electricity, water.

If it is shot in the studio, it supports everyone who is employed there and all the vendors who supply it.

When the film hits the theatres, it provides jobs for the theater owners, managers, ticket folks, concession folks. The concession stands provide for jobs for the vendors who provide their supplies and those who make or grow the products needed.

Sounds like a fricken good role model to me.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: