imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I've had a few passions that put me in "the zone" in life:

Photography- my dad taught me and I learned how to work in a dark room since I was 10 (I developed pictures for my dad at his work) -I took it up when I was 13 and loved it until my late 20s when someone stole my 35 mm Nikon, my Ziess Icon 2 1/4 studio camera, and all the lenses and filters. I couldn't replace any of it. I just didn't have the money. So I never got back into it.

Cooking - mom taught me very early and when she got sick I had to start cooking for the family whenever she went into the hospital, when I was 11. But I loved it. I had a professional cooking job in two different restaurants and I loved it. I got so much freedom to invent dishes. But I got fed up with the shit wages and went back to higher paid factory work.

Primatology- I loved this. So much. I wound up going from a 2 month stay in Central America to a 5 month stay because I just wanted to stay on and keep researching. I got offered three different jobs. I was good at it. I picked the wrong job. That's life.

Complaints and Governance officer for mental health - I loved this. I shone like a halogen bulb in this. I got to problem solve, investigate, tell assholes to apologise, mediate, help people, and try to improve national health services. <3

Massage therapy - cause I love reading people's bodies, fixing shit, solving problems, making people feel better, understanding physiology, researching pathology, the comradeship with my fellow therapists and classmates. I love touching stuff and understanding what that means - when I feel it. I love being able to touch a muscle and understand from feel what's going on. I love feeling the body let go cause I did a little trick to fool it's reflexes into releasing. It's like Darren Brown magic tricks on the body. I love understanding what the body is doing by touching it. When I massage I am never, ever anywhere else. I am fully 100% always there, mindful, fully engaged, and always happy/astounded with bodies. I swear, laugh, make jokes, tease people, and make people work with me. I love making people laugh through pain on the table. I adore my patients. <3
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: