Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
The amazing writer Beverly Cleary has died at the age of 104. She wrote incredible children’s books, including the Henry Huggins and Ramona Quimby series. She was from Portland Oregon and I lived near Klickatat Street at one point - where Henry and Ramona lived.

My favorite book when I was very young - under the age of 5 - was The Mouse And The Motorcycle. It was about a mouse who lived in a hotel. A boy came to stay there with his family and had a toy motorcycle. The mouse would ride the motorcycle around at night on adventures. I loved that book so much. My parents read it to me so many times that I ended up memorizing it and how I got started learning how to read before I went to kindergarten.

Thank you Beverly Cleary for bringing so much happiness to me as a child.
Years ago, when my two sons were elementary aged kids, I used to take them to a neighborhood library, on Saturday's, for the kids reading hour. The librarians had a volunteer organizer for these weekend events for parents and our kids. My boys liked the stories about Henry Huggins and Ramona Quimby. The librarian's volunteer had put together a puppet theater show too, which kids loved too. One year, my elderly lady friends (they were sisters) gave my sons books by Beverly Clearly.

Good memories, indeed.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: