Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 PM   #26
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Why is there the term "Lesbian Bed Death" to begin with? It's a perpetuation of lesbian stereotypes.

I really don't care if there are biological differences. If males overall do desire to have sex more frequently than females based on biology it wouldn't make them better or less human beings- I get that Suebee. I don't really trust the studies and how they are framed, and my personal experience does not bear it out that males want sex more than females. It doesn't make a difference to me whether it's true or not. If Lesbian A wants to have sex more than Lesbian B it doesn't make Lesbian A a better person or a better lesbian either. If Lesbian A and B are a couple, then it could be a problem.

What makes a difference to me is the perpetuation of stereotypes and always comparing women's sexuality with men's.

This idea if lesbians have less sex to begin with (I don't agree with that) that if they are having problems in their relationship that their sex life is going to go to zero makes no sense to me. Lesbians don't just all of a sudden go sexless if they are having relationship problems. I do agree that any couple- whether they are lesbians or not- if they are having problems in their relationship outside the bedroom that their sex life will probably suffer as well.

Lesbian sex is not dependent on men. Even in the individual circumstances where a lesbian is sleeping with a man, in those cases her sexual agency is still her own. So why are we comparing lesbian sex to how much or less men want to have sex to begin with?

Lesbian sex is not defined by men or male standards.

Women's sexuality is just that- women's sexuality. Again, not dependent on men even for those who are sexuality attracted to men.

And yeah, I'm confused why people who are not lesbians are telling lesbians what their sexuality is like and how we have sex less than men. It doesn't matter either way, our sexuality doesn't need to be discussed in male terms. It's irrelevant.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: