Old 12-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #24
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Thanked 1,565 Times in 380 Posts
persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

as a parent, i would want to know. bottom line. and if the kid outed himself, then it's not really much of a secret. also, it's not like this was a kid that was pregnant. being gay doesn't require any action taking decision making that could affect that person's entire rest of their lives. i really doubt that a 14 year old is going to out himself if there was a fear of being thrown out of his house, let alone make posters about it as school projects.

also as a parent, any school my son attends gets a forewarning from me that should my son get hit, not only will he not get into trouble at home for hitting back, but i will also be filing assault charges. i don't tolerate bullying even on the minor levels. for me, as a single parent, bullying is one of those traps that could get my son killed so it's not negotiable for me. and should a problem arise, i'm down at that school raising holy hell. if my son is being bullied i force the school to document every incident and every time i have to go down there raising above mentioned holy hell.

lastly, we have straight chicks in junior high giving blowjobs to the football team. 'gay' should not really be a shocker at school in light of the often absurd sexual experiences our kids are exposed to there. i've made it my mission to enlighten my son on levels of sex that might make some adults blush. he may be the only male in the entire building that knows what a clitoris is and what it does. if you take the veils away there will be no surprises. i'm of the school of thought that thinks....who cares what your orientation is? who cares if you know what a condom is? why are these still being discussed under the guise of morality? who gives a shit. pisses me off. but, *sigh*, i know this is just in my bubble and that the rest of the world still wants to debate over the morality of sexual bits and all that that entails.

still. as a parent....i'd want to know. (as if i wouldn't already know. meh)
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post: