View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #71
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
...look Texas Cowboi....you do not own the idea of whether to run or not, wear a pink ribbon or not, protest or not. Once again, I was not belittling you, I was giving my opinion about raising money for Komen by running. I offered a suggestion or two for those who still want to run. This is soooooooo not about you the person Cowboi.

We human beings tell ourselves all kinds of things about why we do things and it makes us feel better if we feel like we are doing something good. That includes me.

In the end, the money goes to the general fund of Komen. Every penny raised in their events is an unrestricted donation that Komen can spend anyway they want. Komen cuts a deal with the local affiliates for part of that money. That's how it works. You can pretty up the language to make it sound all nice, however just remember the Board of Directors approved this endeavor. That would be the leadership, so I bet a dollar to a donut PP will either get no money or drastically reduced money in the next grant cycle.

Vonni, thanks for your condolences......

no one ever said I owned the idea of running, wearing a pink ribbon or whatnot... and no one, not even myself, said this was about me.... it was about your "tone".....

sometimes moderation is a good thing....

As long as our local affiliate still works with Planned Parenthood, I will be ok with it.... Should they stop working with PP, then I'll stop running in their race....

I understand everyone's issue with Komen.... I have the same issues with that organization......... My friends' memories.... my friends' battles..... are worth way more than the 35 dollar entry fee. I'm not raising any money for SGK foundation..... I'm not wearing the SGK pink ribbon symbol.... in fact, I'll probably have the letters SGK across my ass....and the letters P P on my really visible biggo pink bra..... and when I run by any camera, I'm gonna flip up the back of my tu-tu and show my ass to the camera.....
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TexasCowboi For This Useful Post: