The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I tried it. I read a lot. And there are a couple of issues with reading on the iPad. First, it's heavy. Compared to the iPad the kindle is light as a feather and easy to hold in one hand. Even in a bookcase it's lighter. Second, it's back-lit. Which presents a couple of issues. Most notably - just try to read it outside in the sun. Or even on an overcast day. Good luck. Even in a well lit room it can be difficult. Finally, if you read for hours at a time, as I do, you'll wind up with some pretty serious eye fatigue. I'll not give up my Kindle until there's a better reading experience.

The iPad is great for a number of things, reading just isn't one of them.
Hrmm.. That's good to know. I wonder if the 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen will be lighter. I tend to not read outside so the glare issue never would have occurred to me but I wonder if something like this would help?

Perhaps the need for an app that could allow one to read while reducing eye fatigue.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote