Old 02-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #200
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Mine went into Monday's mail.....so soon, I'm hoping! I can't wait to see everyone's creations!
Actually, I got yours today, gorgeous, and they made me teary.

Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
this was my first time (blushing over how that sounds..LOL) and I hope I did ok...I dont know how involved you all got into your craft and I tried to do something nice but not overboard. Please give me feedback..!!! I want to be an active member of this so I need to know what is expected or what is the norm..k?
Softness, it's not about what's the 'norm' around these parts. It's whatever fits in the parameters given by the wrangler and what you come up with. Nothing illegal or dangerous, of course. What you did was lovely!

I've fallen kinda hard for the "card" type of project. Throw in my recent recycle, reuse, reduce phase and you all are receiving other people's MAIL....only in my style. So, I took postcards and flyers and whatnot that came to my work and home and I played with paint and all kinds of good, crafty stuff and...well....you'll see it when you get it. It's definitely not going to be exhibited in a museum one day, but it's fun and easy for me to do and won't cost a bazillion to mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
I'm sure you did great softness. It was my first time participating too and it was a little intimidating for me as well especially since I'm sure mine is less paper and more something else. I think its more so about just sharing your creativity with everyone no matter how it comes out and in what form. It is art after all and left open for interpretation.
I can't wait til folks see yours! I wonder if it will take them as long as it did me to actually "see" what you'd done. No telling, though! They are going to have to figure things out themselves or ask you once all the packages go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Hello Crafty Ones. I am not so good with the crafts. I want to be! I am going to read this thread from the beginning so I can understand what to do. My question though is Gemme you are going to the reunion? Could we plan a couple of hours to get crafty there? That would be super fun!
Hi, Julie! No need to go back to the beginning, unless you just feel like it. We're coming to the end of the current project. Soon, Miss Diva will announce the next project, as she is the designated wrangler. I, however, am on call for her if some of you ruffians get out of hand.

So, bear with us for a week or so and we'll have a sign up for the new project. I think I'm safe saying that we would all love to have you participate!

As for doing something like this at the reunion, that is certainly feasible. I will be driving down, so I could bring some basic goodies with me in my car or someone could mail a box of their supplies to the hotel too. It's possible. Maybe we can revisit this idea a little later? I think it has promise.

Ami, I got the card today!

Cara, I didn't receive your work yet, but I had to go into work waaaay earlier than I expected today. It may very well be waiting for me when I get off. Or tomorrow. I'm not worried as long as it makes it way to me before Saturday afternoon!

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 02-04-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote