View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #77
greeneyedgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Thanked 3,267 Times in 835 Posts
greeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
great article! much harder to practice though. recently, i was with my kid at an event for girls in a conservative area and they had face painting (they got to do their own) and she wanted to paint a mustache and beard, (she's done it before and i love that she feels comfortable doing it in any setting.. it was (for me), in this particular place, uncomfortable. i let her do it, it wasn't dangerous, just uncomfortable), but it was HARD (i was surprised at how hard it was for me). i had to really look at the feelings/fear that came up for me so that i wouldn't pass them onto her and i'm sure there was some transference because i didn't handle it very well at the event, i took her downtown (because she really wanted to be seen) where i felt safer so she could rock her new look. i'm a little embarrassed, k really embarrassed, that it took me a min to get my bearings (after i rushed her out of the event).
greeneyedgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote