View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #202
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Saw my weight loss doc this morning...it was nice not being being stuck with a zillion needles or the other horrid things I've been trough over the last 2 weeks...Anyway...in the last month I lost only 6.1 lbs. Was very disappointed because I know I had lost more than this because of the way my clothes fit.

My doctor gave me his "Illness" handout and I will share it here:

ILLNESS

MYTH: When you're sick, you lose weight.

TRUTH: Most dieters fain weight after an illness.

Why? Multiple reasons fight against your success:

1 - You eat too few calories, slowing your metabolism.

2 - When you feel better, you eat too many calories, making things worse.

3 - While sick, you eat all the wrong foods: crackers, noodle soup, starches, etc.

4 - You stop exercising.

5 - You stop taking your meds.

Some patients have the added problems:

- Their doctor put them on prednisone which causes weight gain.

- They lose momentum and get discouraged.

Remember, this is nothing more than a small setback in a long journey. You are going to be successful in the big pictire. Time to get your energy up and get back to healthy living. You deserve it.

As for me...I'd stopped eating for a while, then went for the starchy things like Wheat Thins - also beverages containing sugar, i.e. ginger ale, juice, apple cider, didn't exercise because I couldn't breathe (still not 100% at this), stopped my meds more or less and on top of all this the doc treating my flu put me on steroids and a boatload of other meds to help me breathe, etc. So in reality I did better than I should have with the 6.1 lbs.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: